About Alexandra Heep

About Alexandra Heep: The internet has allowed allowed Alexandra to maintain a semblance of life when encountering an unexpected, lingering health crisis. The Internet is a lifeline which not only allows her to remain connected to friends, but also survive, via writing.While Alexandra Heep is her pen name, she does not hide behind it. Instead, she used it to brand herself on the Internet and to create opportunities.

Alexandra published her first book, a collection of her best poems, on July 11, 2012. You can buy it at Lulu.com

Support independent publishing: Buy this book on Lulu.


Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Whole Foods Study September 22

This is day nine of the whole foods study in which I am participating. I have learned a lot in that time just by exchanging information with other participants. It's not just about the whole foods, but also about making better choices for a lot of foods, even if they are not considered whole foods.

For example, choosing wild caught fish instead of farm raised, whole dairy instead of reduced fat, and coconut sugar instead of refined sugar or things like agave and honey, both of which I thought were okay.

We made a trip to two health stores today (Trader Joe's and Fresh Thyme Market). Some of the things I picked up were Himalayan pink salt, wild caught mahi mahi (it was on sale actually), and some loose spices that you weigh and measure yourself. I mainly use those for cold pickling and in marinades.

Anyway, my main change for today was that I made a smoothie (instead of ice cream shake). You can read what I put in it in my continued post.

No comments: