About Alexandra Heep

About Alexandra Heep: The internet has allowed allowed Alexandra to maintain a semblance of life when encountering an unexpected, lingering health crisis. The Internet is a lifeline which not only allows her to remain connected to friends, but also survive, via writing.While Alexandra Heep is her pen name, she does not hide behind it. Instead, she used it to brand herself on the Internet and to create opportunities.

Alexandra published her first book, a collection of her best poems, on July 11, 2012. You can buy it at Lulu.com

Support independent publishing: Buy this book on Lulu.


Sunday, October 9, 2011

What Song Describes Your Year?

Image Credit: Martina Mishoe


Once again, inspiration for a post came unexpected. I had nothing for today, but as I was watching the NASCAR pre-race show they asked one of the drivers to define his racing season in one song. He picked “Running Down a Dream” by Tom Petty. Good choice for any day or year, I say!

Since I love my music, this led me to thinking what songs could apply to me to describe this year. Well, one to define this year could be Battles by Axe. However, this could be subject to change as I love so many songs that I find myself in, but for today … this will suffice. For those who know me, you expected Uriah Heep, didn’t you? Well, that will be another day. 

Lyrics for Battles
“I often dream of nights that set
and watch the rising sun
And I spoke to you of life and of the battles I had won
a warm wind blowin' memories, makes me long for home
but a cold wind blows much harder and makes me wanna roam

Let me go, From this lonely land,
before my dreams all vanish, Like water in the sand
Let me run from this lonely place before my dreams are shattered,
By love I can't erase

I searched to find your meaning of the path that I am on
and I hope that my direction will not make me walk alone
I stumble for the answers, to the questions that remain,
around the world I've touched the sun and now I'm back again.”

1 comment:

M.J. Fifield said...

I'm unfamiliar with the song but the lyrics are really quite lovely.