About Alexandra Heep

About Alexandra Heep: The internet has allowed allowed Alexandra to maintain a semblance of life when encountering an unexpected, lingering health crisis. The Internet is a lifeline which not only allows her to remain connected to friends, but also survive, via writing.While Alexandra Heep is her pen name, she does not hide behind it. Instead, she used it to brand herself on the Internet and to create opportunities.

Alexandra published her first book, a collection of her best poems, on July 11, 2012. You can buy it at Lulu.com

Support independent publishing: Buy this book on Lulu.


Monday, April 8, 2019

A to Z Challenge 2019: G is for Gnomes


I love gnomes. I think they're awesome. While gnomes were invented in Germany, I never had any when I lived there. We now have over a dozen garden gnomes outside in the garden and on our steps. We try to get one or two each year, and we look for "working" gnomes - those who have some kind of garden tool. We're not really fans of the "lazy" gnomes. Also, no gnomes with laptops etc. However, we do have sports gnomes.

I have a few mini gnomes indoors. They guard my succulent planter. I also collect gnome postcards. Again, I don't buy them, I wait for people to send them. They are actually difficult to come by. The gnomes above are on a postcard from Germany.

Do you have any gnomes?




4 comments:

Kalpana said...

Hi - your gnomes are adorable! I like that you have only working gnomes - no lazy gnomes :)

Dihiwi said...

We have a few gnomes from my cousin's wife who came over from Germany. They are awesome. Where can you find genuine German gnomes here in the states? Would love to add to my collection! Happy blogging! www.dianeweidenbenner.com

Alice Gerard said...

I love gnomes but don't have any yet. They are the cutest things yet, Maybe I will start painting portraits of gnomes.

Donna B. McNicol said...

We have a TON of gnomes...started getting them for our RV lot in Florida, added more for inside/outside the house. Love them!! We have a bunch now, some still in boxes since we sold our RV lot. You can see most of them here: https://froggi.smugmug.com/Our-Gnomes/

DB McNicol, author
A to Z Microfiction: Golf