About Alexandra Heep

About Alexandra Heep: The internet has allowed allowed Alexandra to maintain a semblance of life when encountering an unexpected, lingering health crisis. The Internet is a lifeline which not only allows her to remain connected to friends, but also survive, via writing.While Alexandra Heep is her pen name, she does not hide behind it. Instead, she used it to brand herself on the Internet and to create opportunities.

Alexandra published her first book, a collection of her best poems, on July 11, 2012. You can buy it at Lulu.com

Support independent publishing: Buy this book on Lulu.


Sunday, April 30, 2017

A to Z Challenge: Z is for Zentangle Zoo Animals


For my last post of this challenge, I could have just went with either zentangle or zoo animals, but why not double them up because I probably won't be blogging again for a while (aren't you all breathing a sigh of relief over that?) :-)

If you don't know what zentangle is, here is the brief explanation: It's a series of repetitive patterns that are supposed to be zen-inducing (they are supposed to be fun, relaxing, increase focus and enhance creative ability) when you draw or color them. In my case, they kind of create the opposite because endless repetition drives me nuts, and some artists take the zentangle patterns to an extreme and just fill space because they can and not because it enhances the image, imo.

Also, they are challenging to color because you need to use enough colors so you can make out the details, but it's easy for the color scheme to get out of hand and end up looking chaotic.

Anyway, while I am not a fan of zentangle, I love zoo animals. Yes, yes, I prefer animals in their natural habitat, but that would not work with letter z. As it is, I have completed my share of zentangle colorings because they're in a book I like and I want to complete the book (The Magic Path by Colorama). In zoo animals they aren't too bad because zentangles give you an excuse to color an animal in a non-realistic way.

Here is one of my zentangle colorings that I really like. It did take quite a while to complete and it was done about a year ago. It's from the book that I mentioned. The picture does not do it justice because some parts were done in glitter gel pen and the sparkle does not show up.




2 comments:

Glorygarden@msn.com said...

How fanciful!

Mail Adventures said...

Wow, that lion is great! Drawing zentangles is also very entertaining... but I finish by not colouring them.

Congratulations on finishing the challenge.

-----
Eva - Mail Adventures