About Alexandra Heep

About Alexandra Heep: The internet has allowed allowed Alexandra to maintain a semblance of life when encountering an unexpected, lingering health crisis. The Internet is a lifeline which not only allows her to remain connected to friends, but also survive, via writing.While Alexandra Heep is her pen name, she does not hide behind it. Instead, she used it to brand herself on the Internet and to create opportunities.

Alexandra published her first book, a collection of her best poems, on July 11, 2012. You can buy it at Lulu.com

Support independent publishing: Buy this book on Lulu.


Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Adult Coloring Book Review: Creative Cats



This was my first adult coloring book that I acquired. Well, maybe the second one because my real first one was an indie published (Create Space) journal/coloring book combo. It depends how you look at it.

Creative Cats is part of the Creative Haven series, published by Dover Publications. The artist is Marjorie Sarnat. When I got the book (I ordered it online), I realized that it was for advanced colorists, it says so inside. Oh boy, did I make a mistake, I thought. Indeed, the designs are fairly detailed, but the book has remained my favorite.

It has one design per page (very important in order to avoid ruining a design on the back page) and the pages are perforated for easy removal. Most people remove their pages after coloring them, I guess, but I take the page out first, then color it. I can't color inside a book, the folded pages drive me nuts. Online reviewers have complained that the cats all look alike.

However, that seems like no big deal. After all, I think drawing is like handwriting. Each artist has her own "signature" and hence things will look alike to trained eyes. I never heard anyone complain that Monet was repetitive.Having said that, the cats, while their faces are alike, do have different poses. The kitties have are all in different settings. You have music kitty, steampunk kitty, writer kitty, dress shop kitty, candy shop kitty, hippie kitty, and many more.

I have included some of the pages I colored below, so you can get an idea in regards to the images in the book.

(If you would like to read more more of my adult coloring book reviews, click the tag underneath the post that says "adult coloring book reviews)










1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this book too. When I first received it I thought it had alot of detail but once I started my first picture I continued to do several after that. I have over 100 coloring books but this book is one of my favorites.