About Alexandra Heep

About Alexandra Heep: The internet has allowed allowed Alexandra to maintain a semblance of life when encountering an unexpected, lingering health crisis. The Internet is a lifeline which not only allows her to remain connected to friends, but also survive, via writing.While Alexandra Heep is her pen name, she does not hide behind it. Instead, she used it to brand herself on the Internet and to create opportunities.

Alexandra published her first book, a collection of her best poems, on July 11, 2012. You can buy it at Lulu.com

Support independent publishing: Buy this book on Lulu.


Monday, October 3, 2011

Manic Monday


I have never liked Mondays. Even now that I am out of the typical 8-5 workforce and can set my own hours, there is just something about them. It also means no weekends, I work pretty much every day and have so for months, so really there are no true Mondays for me, or Fridays either, come to think of it.

Mondays are also housekeeping days here so there is no sleeping in. Also, they signal the end of the race weekend and I have to wait five more days for racing action. What then do I do during off-season? Well, wish for February to come along of course. February is never about Valentine’s Day for me (eek), it’s about when racing season starts!

Also, the weather turned icky, cold, and gray this weekend and quite November-like and judging by reactions on Facebook, it’s not just here or me. Woke up yet again to rain and bone-chilling cold, and this is Virginia. With that in mind, I have compiled a list of songs about Mondays to get you in, or out of the mood – as the case may be.

2 comments:

Raige Creations said...

All I have to do is read the title of that Carpenters song for it to be stuck in my head! Great list tho, and I wholeheartedly agree about Mondays, even tho the kids are off school today, Mondays have the dreaded feeling about them.

Diane said...

I can relate, Alex. :-)