About Alexandra Heep

About Alexandra Heep: The internet has allowed allowed Alexandra to maintain a semblance of life when encountering an unexpected, lingering health crisis. The Internet is a lifeline which not only allows her to remain connected to friends, but also survive, via writing.While Alexandra Heep is her pen name, she does not hide behind it. Instead, she used it to brand herself on the Internet and to create opportunities.

Alexandra published her first book, a collection of her best poems, on July 11, 2012. You can buy it at Lulu.com

Support independent publishing: Buy this book on Lulu.


Saturday, June 13, 2020

Asti Postcard


As a postcard and cat lover, I love when I can combine these two passions. Meet Asti, a lovely feline that is part of the Amazing Acro-Cats, a traveling troupe of the Rock Cats Rescue, a 501c3 organization.

Asti is a pretty tabby that reminds me a bit of my cat (same coloring). She loves to climb (so does my cat), and she plays the role of head drummer for the Rock Cats. The Rock Cats are the only real cat band in the world and are part of the Amazing Acro-Cats. However, her signature trick is a hurdle jump.

Why is Asti a sneak? Because she loves to steal food! She also has a fondness for tortilla wraps. Her birthday is October 11.

I purchased this postcard from their shop and sent it (written and stamped) to a cat lover in Massachusetts. Here is the reply I got:

"Thank you so much for the amazing card. I had never heard of acrocats, but now I need to look this up. I have 5 cats (long story...) and could never imagine training them to do acrobatics beyond what they naturally seem to do at 4 am."

My pictures were taken with an inexpensive, moderately intelligent phone, so they're not the best quality. The postcards you get from the store are professionally done. The unwritten backside looks cool too. (pointy finger)↓↓


No comments: