About Alexandra Heep

About Alexandra Heep: The internet has allowed allowed Alexandra to maintain a semblance of life when encountering an unexpected, lingering health crisis. The Internet is a lifeline which not only allows her to remain connected to friends, but also survive, via writing.While Alexandra Heep is her pen name, she does not hide behind it. Instead, she used it to brand herself on the Internet and to create opportunities.

Alexandra published her first book, a collection of her best poems, on July 11, 2012. You can buy it at Lulu.com

Support independent publishing: Buy this book on Lulu.


Wednesday, April 24, 2019

A to Z Challenge 2019: U is for Uriah Heep



Uriah Heep is my favorite band. I love it so much that I changed my name to incorporate a part of it. The band is also the reason Tom and I found each other. We connected on Facebook when he sent me a friend request. The only reason he did that was because of that name he knew me to be a Uriah Heep fan. They are among his top-five favorite bands. No, we had no intention of becoming a couple, it took years, but life is funny that way.

A few facts about Uriah Heep:

  • They named themselves after a character in the David Copperfield (by Charles Dickens) novel.
  • They were established in 1969.
  • They have had over 20 members.
  • They have released 25 studio albums.

If you are interested in some music clips:

Sunrise (1973 live)

Pilgrim (1973)

July Morning (2009 live) mine and Tom's favorite

Easy Livin' (2017)


1 comment:

Glorygarden@msn.com said...

I had never heard of them until you told me that several years ago when we were both writing for Helium. Sorry, but not my kinda music.