About Alexandra Heep

About Alexandra Heep: The internet has allowed allowed Alexandra to maintain a semblance of life when encountering an unexpected, lingering health crisis. The Internet is a lifeline which not only allows her to remain connected to friends, but also survive, via writing.While Alexandra Heep is her pen name, she does not hide behind it. Instead, she used it to brand herself on the Internet and to create opportunities.

Alexandra published her first book, a collection of her best poems, on July 11, 2012. You can buy it at Lulu.com

Support independent publishing: Buy this book on Lulu.


Thursday, April 13, 2017

A to Z Challenge: J is for Jumbo Pencils




Jumbo pencils! Why on earth would you want to color with a bulky implement when adult coloring calls for finesse? Well, I'm not talking about just regular coloring pencils, I'm talking about the ones that have different colors, usually three, in one pencil. They're also called rainbow pencils or magic pencils (the latter are made by Koh-I-Noor). Of course those two terms don't fit the letter J :-)

I love using them when I am trying to "cheat," when I want to make a picture look like I spent more time on it than I really have. These pencils are especially good for doing backgrounds and for filling in large spaces. The only issue is trying to find a sharpener big enough. I have included a picture below (from the book Enchanted Fairies by Barbara Lanza). The wings, dress and petals were all colored with jumbo pencils. Three different ones, obviously.


1 comment:

Glorygarden@msn.com said...

You use these for the same reason crocheters like me use variegated yarn...just good for a change. Never know how it will eventually turn out with them. Rather nice, I'd say.