About Alexandra Heep

About Alexandra Heep: The internet has allowed allowed Alexandra to maintain a semblance of life when encountering an unexpected, lingering health crisis. The Internet is a lifeline which not only allows her to remain connected to friends, but also survive, via writing.While Alexandra Heep is her pen name, she does not hide behind it. Instead, she used it to brand herself on the Internet and to create opportunities.

Alexandra published her first book, a collection of her best poems, on July 11, 2012. You can buy it at Lulu.com

Support independent publishing: Buy this book on Lulu.


Saturday, December 31, 2011

Out With the Old ...


(Image Credit: Martina Mishoe)

... in with the new. So goes the saying for New Year's. However, 2011, while a year of many losses for me that snowballed from previous years, actually saw a lot of new gains as well. Not financially, but emotionally. Strangely, a lot of those had to do with Facebook. I reconnected with the "old" (family), met "new" family, witness the intellectual growths in my children, and made new global friendships. All this would not be possible without technology. Some new opportunities as well that I hope will grow into something. Ditto on that.

I have read countless articles how the Internet is to blame for the decline of social interactions and how friends on Facebook aren't real. Well, I have been the recipient of some amazing acts of kindness and generosity from people I've never met in person (you all know who you are). Also, one person from my past whom I've never expected it from. Where were the other people from my "real" life? I suppose they left with the old when my situation changed and they no longer could handle it. Well, let the door hit them on the way out.

2012 is seen as the year where the world is supposed to end. I do not believe that. After all, Robert Jordon said it best "there are no beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time." If it were to end however, I say: What's the big deal? To put it into Clarence's words from It's a Wonderful Life: "No man is a failure who has friends." I can truly say I am very successful then.

3 comments:

Olivia said...

Have a wonderful New year Alex.

Olivia

Diane said...

I just heard a New Year's blessing that I want to pass along. "May the best thing of 2011 be your worst thing in 2012." Works for me!

Glorygarden@msn.com said...

Great attitude! Here's wishing you the very best for the new year!