About Alexandra Heep

About Alexandra Heep: The internet has allowed allowed Alexandra to maintain a semblance of life when encountering an unexpected, lingering health crisis. The Internet is a lifeline which not only allows her to remain connected to friends, but also survive, via writing.While Alexandra Heep is her pen name, she does not hide behind it. Instead, she used it to brand herself on the Internet and to create opportunities.

Alexandra published her first book, a collection of her best poems, on July 11, 2012. You can buy it at Lulu.com

Support independent publishing: Buy this book on Lulu.


Thursday, October 6, 2011

Homage to my Cat

Gracie, taking care of her Twitter Account and Blog.
Yes, she really has her own accounts - and she has more Twitter followers than my NASCAR Twitter.

Gracie's Cupboard

My Cupboard.
(For illustration purposes only, my food is in the fridge, please do not run to the nearest food bank)

How does a 12 inch cat ma
nage to get half of a Queen size bed?

And, every star needs immortalized, so I wrote this poem for Gracie a couple of weeks ago (published on Helium):

Green-eyed beauty up on the window sill
A portrait behind her of life, not still

Blue sky painted with shades of ivory
Autumn’s breeze captures her feline fancy

Calico colors reflected in glass
Perched high above concrete, people, and grass

A comforting shape, she’s contentedly
Steadied by a tail curved elegantly

Slowly shifts after a stretch and a purr
Just to bring to me … sunshine in her fur.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Gracie's expression looks like my own before tackling some absurd title. I wonder if my eyes glow? :-)