Tuesday, April 23, 2019

A to Z Blogging Challenge 2019: T is for Tea


I have always loved tea, even as a child. I have been drinking it for as long as I can remember. I like black tea and herbal tea. I do not put any sweetener in herbal teas, but I drink hot, black tea with honey. I also like cold, black tea (it's called iced tea here), and I drink that without any sweetener. too.

Luckily, you can get unsweetened iced tea without any sugar at most restaurants. In Virginia, where I used to live before, you can't. They call it "sweet" tea, and it's totally over-the-top sweet. The unsweetened cold tea is my go-to beverage when eating out, but I don't make it at home.

In Germany, I used to drink black tea with all kinds of flavors. Back then, I added rock sugar to them. The one tea I have tried that I can't stomach at all is the smoky one. I thought it was called Earl Grey, but when I researched it, I read that Earl Grey is made with bergamot orange. So, I don't know. Green tea I find tasty, but I can't drink it because it gives me chest pains. No, it's not the caffeine, I can tolerate caffeine from other sources.

In regards to herbal teas, I drink nettle leaf and linden tea daily. I also make a daily ginger infusion and throw a peppermint tea bag in it. Chamomile is my favorite, but I don't drink it a lot. Why? Well, I already have three cups going, and there's only so much time in the day. Plus, drinking tea leads to bathroom visits.

What is your favorite tea?




2 comments:

  1. I do love herbal tea, not so much black tea. I do like the mild flavor of Chinese tea, but I like it with honey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drank tea long before coffee, my mother let me drink tea as a child. Her brand was Tetley Tea. To this day, I'm not a fan of Lipton teas. Over the years I've tried a lot of different teas and at least once I year I switch from coffee to tea for a while.

    DB McNicol, author
    A to Z Microfiction: Tea

    ReplyDelete

Yes, your comments matter. Not only do I read them and visit your blog (if I can find it and if you have one), but comments often inspire future blogs.